Chicken again? No matter what time of year it is, I’m always on the lookout for a delicious and simple chicken recipe that also works well as a freezer meal. One that tastes good and doesn’t require a lot of elaborate ingredients. Well, have I got one for you?! It’s a 6 ingredient Sriracha Honey Chicken that cooks up fast in the crockpot but can also be prepped ahead and frozen for those days, you just don’t have time to make dinner, but want to feed your family well. I love making this one. It’s neither too spicy, nor too sweet. All the ingredients are in my pantry and it’s easy to make an extra to keep on hand, at the same time. SCORE!
Ingredients for Srirach Honey Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 medium breasts)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 2 green onions sliced, for garnish
Additional Supplies for making an extra Freezer Meal:
• 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag
To Freeze and Cook Later:
1. Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “froze” date. BONUS TIP: I like to put the instructions on an index card, stored in a small zipper bag on the inside of the gallon bag.
2. Add all ingredients to your freezer bag.
3. Remove as much air as possible. Seal and freeze.
4. It’s really that easy to make this delicious dish!
To Cook Sriracha Honey Chicken in Crockpot:
1. Cook on “low” setting for approximately 4 hours.
2. Shred chicken and mix with sauce in crockpot.
3. Top with sliced green onions.
4. Serve over rice with a green salad for a complete meal.
Serves 6 people
Here’s to a fabulous freezer meal of Sriracha Honey Chicken your entire family will enjoy and RESETTING your life! Give this one a try and let me know what you think.
Organization isn’t about perfection; it’s about efficiency, reducing stress and clutter, saving time and money, and improving your overall quality of life.” – CHRISTINA SCALISE
P.S. If you found this post useful, please be sure to share it on Facebook, on Pinterest, or with others who may like it as well. Also, be sure to subscribe to my blog, so you never miss another tip, trick, or technique for Living Life More Efficiently.