A little secret you may not know about me, is I love Chocolate Covered Cherries. These are one of my ultimate guilty pleasures, especially around the holidays. Now, if you like to entertain, but don’t like the fuss of creating a special dessert or heating up your house on an Indian Summer night, have I got the easiest dessert recipe ever created, just for you! You can make this Chocolate Covered Cherry Dumpcake in your crockpot, and it only takes 3 ingredients. Yep, you read that right!
Ingredients for Chocolate Covered Cherry Dumpcake
Here are the only three ingredients you need to make this decadent dessert:
- One box of Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- One 21 oz. Can Cherry Pie Filling
- One 12 oz. Can Pepsi
And the simple 5 Step Instructions:
- Spray bottom of Crockpot with Cooking Spray.
- Pour canned Cherry Pie Filling into the bottom of the Crockpot and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the top. Be sure to break up any large clumps of the dry mix.
- Pour Soda over the top of the cake mix. No need to stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
It really doesn’t get any easier than this! Serve this delicious dessert with a simple scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream or just the way it is.
Another favorite alternative to this cake that you can create using similar ingredients is a Fall Harvest Dumpcake. This one is especially good for Thanksgiving.
Ingredients for this cake are:
- One box of Spice Cake Mix
- One 21 oz. Can of Apple Pie Filling
- One 12 oz Can Ginger Ale
The instructions are the same.
The basic recipe is so versatile, that you can change up an ingredient or two and have a whole new recipe!
Make one, make both, or create your own the next time you want to make dessert. It is a fabulous dessert.
Here’s to resetting your dessert menu, and your life!
“A place for everything and everything in its place.” – Benjamin Franklin
P.S. Do you have a favorite Crockpot Dumpcake Recipe? Let me know. I’d love to learn from you too. If you found this post useful, please be sure to share it with others, who may like it as well.
1 thought on “Chocolate Covered Cherry Dumpcake”
Comments are closed.